Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

Why do you keep doing it?

Where does your inspiration to 'keep going' come from? Why do you practice your instrument every day? What makes you love music?

The answers to these questions are different for everyone, and everyone NEEDS to answer them. If you do, you will never have a reason to be discouraged or negative for very long, because whenever you feel like that (and you will at some stage) you can go back to the things that make you happy and get your purpose back.

I have certain songs that just plain make me smile... and some that make me laugh with enjoyment. I listened to something today and couldn't help shouting out because the MUSIC was so happening that I had to acknowledge it, and my LOVE for music. I am still feeling energized by that one song... Four minutes of music has changed me for hours... It made me want to PLAY - like a little kid with his toys. Pure enjoyment and no effort or work involved.

That is why I keep doing it...  

No comments:

Post a Comment